Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Hello from NJ EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Hello from NJ EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Hello from NJ EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Hello from NJ EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Hello from NJ EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Hello from NJ EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Hello from NJ EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Hello from NJ EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Hello from NJ EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Sloppy  recipes  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Hello from NJ

4 posters

Go down

Hello from NJ Empty Hello from NJ

Post by dizzy Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:03 am

I was killing time tonight while watching the Phillies beat up the Mets and found this forum. Since it's a Christian forum and deals w/being self sufficient, I was immediately interested. Then the first topic I clicked on had an avatar of people on motorcycles. I own a Buell Blast, and that's my main method of transportation. I read a few more topics, and find a horse forum. I have 3 horses. The person who's the mod knows who Pony Boy is, I used to be on his forum. Got off the forum, thought about it for maybe 2 minutes and came back and registered.

A little bit about me.

I was raised in a Christian home, and came to know the Lord at an early age. I believe the Bible not only contains the Word of God, but is the Word of God and has the answers to all life's questions. I'm a young earth creationist-in spite of having a BS in biology. In fact, the more I studied biology and evolution, the less sense evolution made-and it never made much sense to begin with.

I'm married and have 2 children. My DS will be 27 in November, my DD will be 21 at the end of the month. However, both they and my husband are running from the Lord and at times I get quite lonely.

Currently, I live in a "town". We have just over half an acre here. I have rabbits for the fertilizer and a couple of goats here. My daughter wanted the goats, was in a goat 4-H club, then lost interest. I never had time to look into breeding them, so they're just pets and weed eaters.

I have a garden, but didn't really grow much this year. We have ground hogs and hubby didn't want me putting up a fence by myself. By the time we finally got a fence up, it was too late to really plant anything.

I have 3 horses which I keep at a friend's farm. I do self care, so I'm out there everyday. I also have chickens out there. Currently, I have 4 hens, 1 roosters and 6 pullets.

My screen name is duel purpose. My initials are DZ, so it's not much of a stretch to make that into dizzy. Plus, I have an inner ear disorder-Meniere's disease. At times I get vertigo attacks and will get quite dizzy from them, so it fits.

Well, that about does it. So, I'll probably read some more on here while I watch the rest of the game. Right now, the bases are loaded, there's 2 outs, and we're winning 12-1.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Hello from NJ Empty Re: Hello from NJ

Post by Sonshine Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:46 am

Hi Dizzy and welcome to our little corner of the world. The person who is listed as the mod for horses doesn't really post here anymore. I think because we are a small group and not many regular posters yet, so people have a tendency to give up on us. I hope you will stick around. Those that do post are wonderful people. The one with the motocycle is 12acrehome. He uses his bike as part of his ministry. I'm sure you two will get along wonderfully.

I look forward to getting to know you better.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:28 am

I like small groups, they're friendlier and you can really get to know people. Right now, I should be sleeping, but I stayed up too late watching the game. (They won, 16-1!) And of course, now I'm overly tired, so I can't go to sleep. Neutral

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:32 am

Welcome to the forum Dizzy, glad you found us. Look around and ask away if you have any questions, I'm sure someone here will try to answer it or steer you in the right direction to someone who can help.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:00 am

Welcome Dizzy! I'm a young-earth creationist as well. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum