Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Invitation to Check Out Another Forum
Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:13 am by dizzy

» Any Favorite YouTube Channels That You Subscribe To?
Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:55 am by mountainmama

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» Facebook page
Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:48 pm by dizzy

» An Insurrection Coming
Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

This election

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This election

Post by Sonshine on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:36 am

My sister sent this to me and I'm posting it here in it's entirety.

God tells us to pray for those who rule over us, and that we should give thanks for them. Then He follows this admonition in ITimothy 2:1-2, by saying in verse 3, "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior."

Many of us have been following the Presidential primaries closely and many have been stunned and surprised at the outcome so far.

We MUST PRAY FOR THESE LEADERS OF OUR COUNTRY!

More than just pray for them, we MUST also be involved in the selection of these who lead our country. I am already hearing from some Christians, "Well, I am just not going to vote this year because I do not agree with all the convictions of any of the candidates." I believe this goes against the wisdom of scripture.

God has given us the privilege of living in a country where we have the liberty to cast a ballot as to who should govern us. We MUST take advantage of this opportunity. Felix's university professor used to say, "God can deal some mighty strong blows with very crooked sticks."

Whoever serves as President often gets the praise or the blame for the economy. However, the President has very little power compared to the Congress. The writers of the Constitution designed our government this way with checks and balances.

WE, AS CHRISTIANS, MUST GIVE MUCH PRAYER (AND WORK) FOR THOSE WHO WILL BE ELECTED TO THESE VITAL POSTS. THIS IS WHERE THE REAL POWER IN OUR NATION RESIDES.

Without the approval of the Congress, a President can do little.(Unless he tries to circumvent Congress by executive order(s)-which can be tough to deal with!) The policies that the Congress adopts are what determine the prosperity ... or lack of prosperity...of this nation and OUR SPIRITUAL TONE AS WELL!

I would urge you as Christian citizens of America to PRAY for and WORK for Godly men and women to be elected to the Congress, as well as to the Presidency of our country ... so that it will remain a GREAT NATION, UNDER GOD!

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior."

Proverbs 28:19[b]

Sonshine
Admin

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: This election

Post by 12acrehome on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:50 am

Excellent Post!

Congress (for the past few years) has not sent a budget to the president, therefore not only is the presidential election important, but in my opinion, the congressional elections are more important to pay attention to, and pray over.

Proverbs 28:19  He who works his land will have abundant food...

Genesis 1:29  Then God said,"I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth, and every tree that has fruit with seed in it..."

http://christiancountryramblings.com/

12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:01 am

Good post, Sonshine.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:14 pm