» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Anyone Interested? - Pumpkin Seeds
Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:46 am by PATRICE IN IL

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

Voting What Say You

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Voting What Say You

Post by Sonshine on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Sawmill Jim wrote:
Sonshine wrote:I haven't seen any where where the Lord prohibits us from joining a manmade organization. Smile

Nor have i found where he told anyone to join . So as for me and my house till he tells me to i an't

Which is what you should do. God won't always send people the same direction. I have gone places that I would not recommend others going unless God leads them to go. I've gone to the homes of drug addicts etc. If we go anywhere without God's directions, then we step out from his protection. Yet I do believe God calls us to go into places that others may not be called to. We're told to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Bottom line is that each of us is answerable to God. I believe we can find Christians everywhere because God leads different ones to different types of ministries. As I mentioned, my Uncle as a Mason. I'm as sure as anyone can be about another person that my Uncle was a Christian. Now, I don't know anything about the Masons, but I DO know a lot about my uncle, and until the day he died he lived a life that lifted up Jesus. Same thing with some Catholics I know. I don't agree with all of their doctrine, but I do know many that are Christians. It's not the groups, it's the individuals. If you saw my coming out of a drug house, many would think I was probably a user, not realizing that sometimes God leads us to go where we would not normally go. One of those addicts I use to minister to ended up dying of an overdose and I got custody of her 14 year old daughter. If I had not showed God's love to the Mom, do you think she would have asked me to raise her daughter?

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Admin

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:16 pm

I am a bit late in this discussion since I was away for a couple of weeks. I just came from an old-fashioned church camp. The presence of God was felt in a great way in the services. It was great to be there but I am glad to be back home again.

I think this thread was started with who we were going to vote for in the November election. My vote is for Romney because I feel that to withhold my vote would be a vote for the one who now holds the office. That is my feeling on the election and voting.

Now the discussion has come to whether we should join secret societies or not. I don't believe in joining secret societies. My reasons are because of the Scriptures that I feel speak out against it. Here they are:

(John 18:20) Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing. (KJV)

(James 5:12) But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation. (KJV)

(Isaiah 29:15) Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us? (KJV)

(Matthew 5:34-36) But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. (KJV)

(2 Corinthians 6:14-18) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. (KJV)

(Ephesians 5:11-12) And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. (KJV)

Thanks for letting me voice my opinion.
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:20 pm

Rohn, welcome back home and thanks for your contribution to the thread. Smile

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks Sonshine. Today we will be picking our tomatoes. I am sure I lost a good many since they didn't stop growing and ripening when we were away. We have our work cut out for us today. I guess this is a bit off the subject but here it is anyway.
Those Wis. Gold tomatoes seed I got from you did really good this year. So did the Romas.
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:19 am

Rohn great post . I read it more than once as i was having a time hunting those very scriptures .Bad health and not sleeping right gets me foggy some times . I believe these scriptures answered BOTH questions at the same time .To me you did a great job pulling the secrete socialites out but then failing to go the extra mile and denounce both these candidates as being from Satan .

Is a vote the same as yoking oneself up ,is a vote the same as putting ones very own seal of approval on a thing ,object or action .Notice i am not a D,R or I . But am wrestling with this as a Christian question and there may be other Christians that are wanting answers too.

Sonshine pointed out in a post we were never meant to have a ruler over us other than our King Jesus .This to me says we are in the world but not of the world and as such should take great care not to cross over into the things of the world .

All threw history from the first page of the Bible till today any nation that has turned from God's teachings has been destroyed . How many Christians have noticed the protecting hand of God being removed from us as a nation . As God did with Pharaoh so will he do today .A vote for a lesser evil is still a vote for evil

This part of your post rings like a bell to me .

Corinthians 6:14-18) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. (KJV)

(Ephesians 5:11-12) And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. (KJV)

(John 8:32) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Thanks Jim

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:33 am

Rohn wrote:Thanks Sonshine. Today we will be picking our tomatoes. I am sure I lost a good many since they didn't stop growing and ripening when we were away. We have our work cut out for us today. I guess this is a bit off the subject but here it is anyway.
Those Wis. Gold tomatoes seed I got from you did really good this year. So did the Romas.

I'm so glad you got a good result from the seeds. Unfortunately, because we got slammed with the heat this year, ours didn't do very well.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:36 am

Jim,
I have my own thoughts on the questions you posed to Rohn, but will wait to see his response.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:38 am

I am not necessarily agreeing with the way either of the candidates on many issues. But I am responsible to vote as an American citizen. I must vote for the one that I think will go more the way I believe in. While both may have evil tendencies, for me not to vote for what I feel is the better one is casting away a vote that could help. I don't think there has ever been a president that I have agreed with 100% but that still did not cause me to not vote.

One thing I am sure of is that God is still in control and He knows the future as well as the present. All I can do is vote what I feel is best and leave the rest up to Him.
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:23 am

Sonshine wrote:Jim,
I have my own thoughts on the questions you posed to Rohn, but will wait to see his response.

Shucks jump in there Rohn has got me thinking and digging .The more we discuses this the more questions come to my mind . Knowing the American system and the powers behind it the electoral college will be the decider no matter the poplar vote . Difference in a Republic and a Democracy .

Also in this area all the people I know get to bent out of shape most time should you ask any questions . Maybe i'm wrong but those party line folks i dismiss as being so far in the dark they can't be reached ,either side . It is kin to those around here saying i'm a Baptist ,my dad was and his dad was ,thing is other than those reason they have no clue what they are about or why they do what they do .

My concern is my citizenship in the family of God and my duties there .
I think my answer is almost worked out mine may not be for everyone . When i know for sure i'll post it if anyone is interested .

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:36 am

Jim, post your answer. That is one great thing about this site, not everyone has to agree. Still, it is always interesting to see what everyone else is thinking.
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:09 am

The biggest and most important election was held long ago, was held in the form of a trial the world chose Barabbas ever since that time Barbabas's have held office . Any believer can see prophesies being fulfilled daily so can either Barabbas speed up Christ's return more than the other ? I believe God is removing his protection on this world not just this country . I think you will start to see evil increase by the day. All Barbabas's are a tool of Satan .

I voted for King Jesus a long time back ,he is gone a short while to prepare my mansion so while i wait i don't have need to precipitate in things of this world . He has supplied my needs when it looked impossible even to me .

This is the first in my life i have ever gave a thought to some of the things i think about now or that troubles me . I know my time is short but who's isn't .

Maybe we planted some good seeds here for others reading this forum .Remember out fight is a spiritual fight Barabbas is still loose .

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:09 am

Jim,
Although we are not of this world, we still have to live here. As a result I believe I must do all I can to try to get elected officials that will try to get things done to slow down the deterioration. I already know that Obama will not do that, but believe Romney may at least push for some of the issues that conern me. My biggest concern is how America treats Israel. I've watched as Obama has done all he could to try to alienate our two countries. Since I'm a firm believer in the scriptures that tell us God will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel I would prefer trying to get a person who I know is no friend to Israel out of leadership positions.

I'm also very pro life. Obama's stance on the abortion issue is so far left that it's sickening. Anyone who believes it's ok to kill a baby as it's being born is evil.

So, bottom line for me is I believe God would prefer for us to actively try to remove those who would harm Israel and innocent babies. This is partly why I will vote for Romney. To not vote, IMO would be to turn a blind eye to the evil we have placed in a leadership role. The only candidates that I felt would try to restore some of the issues I believe are important were never given a chance, so I will choose the one that is remaining that if nothing else will at least not make things worse on the issues I posted.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Sonshine, I agree with you completely. That is exactly the way I feel.
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Ah we got the Devil we got on feelings and two words Hope and Change .
Best thing other than his campaign promises of his stance on abortion and Israel is he could save us a ton of money on security .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_garment

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:00 am

Sonshine wrote:

I'm also very pro life. Obama's stance on the abortion issue is so far left that it's sickening. Anyone who believes it's ok to kill a baby as it's being born is evil.

So, bottom line for me is I believe God would prefer for us to actively try to remove those who would harm Israel and innocent babies. .

This is what makes me sick!! The DNC is out of control...

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2012/03/after_birth_abortion_the_pro_choice_case_for_infanticide_.html

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/331718

In the first the so called pro choice crowd is pushing for after birth abortions, the second the dnc refuses Catholic speaker in favor of a muslim.

Proverbs 28:19  He who works his land will have abundant food...

Genesis 1:29  Then God said,"I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth, and every tree that has fruit with seed in it..."

http://christiancountryramblings.com/
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:38 am

Bad and sad thing is they are all demon possessed and i fear it'll get worse .Lots run from what is happening around us and just stick their head in the sand . I still say if one is in a city get out now .

Last night i was hunting the blood line of past presidents most won't believe what it goes back to.

Current president is Shiite Muslim unless one is to blind to see it . Translated if you an't one of them you need killing .

Running for president Mitt is high up in a cult so we appear to be between a rock and a hard place .

Think i'll just go shopping http://www.apartment3gazette.com/2011/06/romney-tweets-picture-of-magic-mormon.html

The insane are now in control of the asylum . It"s going to be a rough ride hang tight to the Lord's word /

Another interesting reading think the talk about who owns the Fed and our money supply in some of the articles
http://www.crossroad.to/index.html

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:28 am

12acrehome wrote:
Sonshine wrote:

So, bottom line for me is I believe God would prefer for us to actively try to remove those who would harm Israel and innocent babies. .

This is what makes me sick!! The DNC is out of control...

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2012/03/after_birth_abortion_the_pro_choice_case_for_infanticide_.html

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/331718

In the first the so called pro choice crowd is pushing for after birth abortions, the second the dnc refuses Catholic speaker in favor of a muslim.

Which is why I will be voting for Romney. He is not my first choice, but I do believe he'll support Israel, and if not do away with abortion, at least not use tax payer funds to pay for it.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:30 am

Sawmill Jim wrote:Bad and sad thing is they are all demon possessed and i fear it'll get worse .Lots run from what is happening around us and just stick their head in the sand . I still say if one is in a city get out now .

Last night i was hunting the blood line of past presidents most won't believe what it goes back to.

Current president is Shiite Muslim unless one is to blind to see it . Translated if you an't one of them you need killing .

Running for president Mitt is high up in a cult so we appear to be between a rock and a hard place .

Think i'll just go shopping http://www.apartment3gazette.com/2011/06/romney-tweets-picture-of-magic-mormon.html

The insane are now in control of the asylum . It"s going to be a rough ride hang tight to the Lord's word /

Another interesting reading think the talk about who owns the Fed and our money supply in some of the articles
http://www.crossroad.to/index.html

I can't prove it, but would imagine Romney's twitter account had been hacked, same as Mia Love's was, by those on the left. I seriously doubt Romney would have posted a picture like that on his social media site.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:26 am

I would bet grannies old grey goat you are right about hacked .Good reason to not have such things in any devise . They make a special bill fold and cases for caring most devices now days . As one can sit across the street and gather information from many devices .

Now if anyone had just decided to photo shop Mitts drawers i am sure they would picked the ones with the compass and square on them . Some would knew what those stand for . Unless a Mason did it .

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

There is a huge difference between the two candidates

Post by Cie J on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:55 am

Hi all,
I have been working the early voting in No. Va.. Just some thoughts on the differences of the two candidates.

Abortion- Obama is for it. Romney is for unborn babies and the sanctity of life for our elderly.

Gay Marriage- Obama is for it. Romney is for God-defined marriage. One man married to one woman.

Fiscal Responsibility Obama has spent more money than all the other presidents combined.
Romney and Ryan have a 5-point plan to cut wasteful spending, increase the ability for employers to hire by cutting punitive taxes and regulations and stimulate the economy by allowing us to keep more of our own money.

Healthcare- Obama wants to control it with an unelected government panel and mucho redtape.
Romney wants to keep it in private hands allowing our medical decisions to be made by us and our doctors and a more competitive-based insurance system that can cross state lines.

Judicial system Obama would again appoint justices and judges throughout the land that condone sharia law and are very liberal when it comes to the Constitution which he says is living and breathing and subject to changes.
Romney-I haven't found his position but I know it wouldn't be the radical one above. Since he is socially conservative, I trust he would choose justices who would uphold religious freedom, our Constitution as written and the sanctity of life and marriage.

Military Strength and National Security- Obama -Benghazi, Ft. Hood, Seal Team Six deaths and huge cuts in the defense budget say it all.
Romney- He wants to strengthen, not diminish, our military and supports a policy of peace through strength.

Religious Freedom- Obama has hosted formal dinners for Ramadan in the White House all four years of his presidency. He failed to issue the directive for the first National Day of Prayer of his presidency until three or four p.m. of that day! Muslim dictators and regimes have increased from three when he took office to over 30 around the world. His justice department sold guns bought with our tax dollars to drug thugs in Mexico. Americans were killed by these guns as well as many innocent Mexican citizens.

Government-Controlled Health- If for no other reason, go to the polls and vote for conservative candidates who will help us defeat this monstrosity that will increase individual health premiums by another 4,000+. We've have already seen huge increases as the private sector braces itself for this takeover of the best healthcare system in the world. Flawed, yes, but fixable by private companies and citizens, not the Government. All we have to do is look to NY city and NJ to see how effective, efficient and compassionate the government is!!

Sorry for the alignment issues.

Cie J

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:33 am

I will say AMEN to all the above. Vote for conservatives and the right change.
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top