» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Anyone Interested? - Pumpkin Seeds
Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:46 am by PATRICE IN IL

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Wed May 13, 2015 2:57 am

I'm not having a good day today, the wind gusts and cooler temperature has my arthritis flaired up. I HURT!!! Sad I'll be ordering dinner out tonight because I can't stand long enough to cook.
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Wed May 13, 2015 7:03 am

I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly, Patrice.  I said a prayer for you.  I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging words.  It's been a rough week and a half and I know there's more to come.  You all have helped me immensely by praying and letting me know that you all are standing with  us  in prayer.

I have been doing laundry today.  I also made a large potato salad for us and to take Lisa and Todd.  In the morning I plan to bake some beans, roast a chicken and make some spaghetti and then we will take it to them.    I don't know if Lisa will be able to eat it but I know Todd will so it will help them out some.  

Yesterday after we returned from Jackson my DH planted the butterbeans.  Then last night we got a good rain.  Maybe, the beans will jump on up.  

We had baked pork chops, pork and beans seasoned up like I do when I bake them but cooked on top of the stove and some of the potato salad I made today.

That's pretty much our day.  I hope you all have had a wonderful Tuesday and those not feeling well will soon feel good again.

Give her of the fruit of her hands: and let her own works praise her in the gates. (Proverbs 31:31)

http://hunnybunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh on Wed May 13, 2015 9:36 am

PATRICE IN IL wrote:I'm not having a good day today, the wind gusts and cooler temperature has my arthritis flaired up. I HURT!!! Sad  I'll be ordering dinner out tonight because I can't stand long enough to cook.

I hate it when that happens. I hope you feel better soon.
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Wed May 13, 2015 10:04 am

Thanks gals, still hurting but I had to get outside and cover the tender plants, it's supposed to frost tonight.
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Sat May 16, 2015 4:06 am

I hope everyone is feeling well. Patrice I pray the arthritis has let up on you and you're feeling better.

We had some clouds this morning when I got up but the sun is shining now.  It's hot in here even with the A/C going along with the ceiling fan.  I'm doing some cooking to take Lisa and her family so I guess the stove has everything heated up.

I'm cooking chicken to make some pot pies and chicken and dumplings.  I am also cooking some cream style frozen corn and have some butter beans cooked.  I've made enough for both families.  

Last night I made chicken Alfredo using Ziti and some leftover baked beans.   I cooked a box of Ziti so I have enough left to make another dish.  I'm thinking of cooking some ground turkey and adding to the Ziti along with spaghetti sauce and Parmesan.  That will be one meal for the weekend.  Then we will have pot pie tonight along with a chard/cucumber/tomato salad  Saturday we will have dumplings, butter beans and corn  or the pasta dish. I like cooking one day and eating for three days.  HA!

Lisa told me that she has been resting today but was sitting up and watching t.v. when I talked to her a little while ago.  She seems to be doing quite well after the surgery.  I hope she does as well with the chemo.

Antique Alley is this week.  It starts in Meridian and goes to Bristol, Tennessee.  We usually spend a day riding from Meridian to somewhere in Alabama.  If the weather permits tomorrow I think we may do that after we deliver the food to Lisa and Todd.

The Baccalaureate Service for our youngest grandson is this Sunday.  We will be attending I hope.  Then he graduates on Thursday.  All the grandsons will be graduated high school and we have one granddaughter who will graduate next spring.  We must be getting old.  Smile

I wish you all a great weekend.

Give her of the fruit of her hands: and let her own works praise her in the gates. (Proverbs 31:31)

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh on Sat May 16, 2015 4:30 am

The pot pie is making my mouth water. I love that kind of stuff!
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Sat May 16, 2015 4:33 am

I'm glad Lisa is doing better. Smile

I hope the weather holds out so that you can enjoy antique shopping this weekend.

You must have a good amount of energy to be cooking so much food. I have no energy so we ordered out again. Sad If I could just get a full night's sleep it would do wonders for my energy AND attitude. Wink I'm just tired of being woken up every night to change my dh's clothes and clean up the bathroom all because he REFUSES to sit down to relieve himself. Then to wash the soiled laundry in the morning, it's getting real old really quickly. Sad
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Thu May 21, 2015 11:57 am

I wanted to give you all an update on Lisa. She went for a checkup with the surgeon on Monday. He removed her staples and told her she could drive again. The doctor told her she is healing well. He also made her an appointment with an oncologist for June 9th. She needs a PETSCAN done before seeing the oncologist which she hopes she can get done next week.

Now my DH is having problems with tightness in his chest, shortness of breath and gets tired easy. He's been having problems for about three weeks but wouldn't go see the doctor because of all that's going on with Lisa. Monday I called his cardiologist and made an appointment for yesterday (Can you believe that the doc was actually able to see DH the next day?). Doc said that it's possible that DH has a blockage or there could be changes in the arteries or valve for which he's been treated the last ten years. Today we had to go back for an echocardiogram. We go back next Tuesday and Wednesday for a nuclear stress test. Then I guess we'll go from there. So now I'm asking for prayers for both DH and Lisa.

Also, today I found out that a first cousin with whom I've always been very close (we call each other favorite cousins) may have breast cancer. If you will please remember her in prayer too.

A few weeks ago I was thinking that we have been so blessed and no one has had any kind of serious illness. Well, other than the Chronic Bronchitis and Asthma I have and diabetes that I have that I have learned to deal with and the heart problems DH has that have been under control for several years. DON'T do you hear me DON'T ever think things are going well. I told my aunt today that I don't know if God is testing me or the devil is trying to make me doubt God.

I hope you all are doing alright. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Thu May 21, 2015 12:05 pm

Hugs MM! I'll be praying for all of you. I hope it just turns out to be stress related and that your dh will be fine. Prayers for your cousin as well.
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy on Thu May 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Hugs, and it could be a little of both. Remember Job.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh on Thu May 21, 2015 8:11 pm

No one ever said being a Christian is easy. I am certain we all have major trials to face that are intended as tests and lessons to be learned. There is not a person on this board that is not dealing with at least one major stress and hard to solve problem.

Lets show that devil what we are made of and on Whom we trust. God never hands us more than He knows we can handle. We just have to believe in His plan and sing His praises all the louder.
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Fri May 29, 2015 3:18 pm

I haven't been here for several days due to William going back and forth to Jackson for tests. We heard from one of them and it was alright. He had another one done on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week but we haven't gotten the results of it yet.

Lisa's husband, Todd passed out Thursday night at home. When she got the ambulance there his b/p was 60/30. He bled all over the floor while they were waiting for the ambulance. When they got him to the hospital they doctor told her that he has a GI bleed. Which she already knew from the way he was bleeding at home. He was admitted to ICU and was getting blood when we left about one o'clock this morning. He's a very sick man and again we are asking for prayers. We appreciate being able to come to you all and know that you are praying with us. Thank you.

Lisa is doing pretty good physically and trying to hold it together for Todd and Meagen. We almost lost Todd tonight. Life is so fragile.

I will update tomorrow after the scope is done if they can do it tomorrow.

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy on Fri May 29, 2015 6:04 pm

I'll be praying.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Fri May 29, 2015 7:20 pm

Hugs and prayers for you all MM.
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh on Fri May 29, 2015 8:51 pm

What a scary situation. I will be praying for you all.
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Sat May 30, 2015 9:26 am

Thank you all for the prayers. Todd had an upper scope done today and there was a spot that when the scope touched it blood oozed but the doc said that spot isn't what is causing the bleeding. There is another spot in the duodenum that is red and inflamed. Doc biopsied that spot and told Lisa it's possibly lymphoma. He is being prepped for the lower scope which will be tomorrow. Todd also has an iron deficiency. His hemoglobin and hematocrit is 8 and 28 after four pints of blood. Again thank you all for your prayers.

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Sat May 30, 2015 9:36 am

Thanks for the update. I'll keep praying for all of you.
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Sat May 30, 2015 7:14 pm

We heard from DH's last test. The nuclear Stress test is normal. The doctor called in a prescription for Nitro Glycerin for Angina pain. Praise the Lord that no blockages were found.

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Sat May 30, 2015 8:37 pm

That's fantastic MM! Smile
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh on Sat May 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Praise the Lord! cheers
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:09 am

Update: Todd had the lower scope done and there is a large ulcer in his lower colon. There were some polyps also but the doctor isn't too worried about those. The ulcer looks malignant the doc said. Todd had a CatScan done this morning and nothing else suspicious showed up anywhere in his body which is wonderful news.

He was moved from ICU to a room late yesterday afternoon. That in itself has helped him because visitors can come any time to see him and he likes that.

We don't know where we go from here. The doc is waiting on the biopsy report which should be here tomorrow. We are praying for a miracle and the spots won't be malignant.

We didn't go to Meridian today. I have spent the day doing laundry and cleaning. We plan to go back tomorrow to visit him.

I cooked last night. It almost felt strange because we'd been getting home late or not coming home at all so we ate at the hospital cafeteria (YUCK) or fast food. I cooked some frozen English peas, rice and barbecued some pork chops. I baked biscuits and made sausage and biscuits for breakfast this morning. I'm making a meatloaf for dinner. Think I will reheat the English peas and rice to go with the meatloaf.

I hope you all are having a good week so far and are feeling well physically.

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:43 am

I know how you feel eating out so much, we've been doing the same and it's really starting to affect me. Sad

I'm glad they moved Todd out of ICU,I'm hoping and praying for the spots to be benign.
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:49 am

Keep us updated. I'm wondering if he has the same thing that a guy in my church had. He was just operated on a couple of weeks ago and is doing well.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:16 am

We got some semi good news this morning. The biopsy reports are back and the area in the lower stomach and the one in the duodenum are benign but the ulcer in the lower colon is malignant. I know it sound crazy to celebrate this but we are so happy about two being benign. A lot better than all three being malignant. Todd has an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow at 3:00 in Jackson. We are packed and ready to go spend the night with them tonight. Lisa is terrified he may start bleeding again and she doesn't want to be there by herself in that should happen. I pray it doesn't but we will be with her in case. Thank you all for the prayers. God is answering them in His own way.

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:33 am

Thankfully 2 are benign. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top