Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Last Days, are we living them? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Last Days, are we living them? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Last Days, are we living them? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Last Days, are we living them? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Last Days, are we living them? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Last Days, are we living them? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Last Days, are we living them? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Last Days, are we living them? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Last Days, are we living them? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  recipes  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Last Days, are we living them?

+3
Marie
7dawn
Sonshine
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Last Days, are we living them? - Page 2 Empty Re: Last Days, are we living them?

Post by Sonshine Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:43 pm

I believe that the day is coming when we see something similar to what happened in that upper chamber. Right now I believe we could be seeing false signs of these same things, although not having been to the revivals I've been hearing about down in Florida I can't say for sure. But do believe that we'll see false moves of God, as well as real moves of God. That's why we need to pray for discernment and test the spirits. Satan is the ultimate counterfeiter, but for every counterfeit there has to be a genuine. So the moves of "God" we hear about at places like the Brownsville Revival and recently the Lakeland revival, could be genuine, although something in my spirit tells me it's a counterfeit. But if there's a counterfeit, we know that there is a real out there. Does that make sense? I see more and more Christians that have a stirring in their spirit. There's a sense of expectation going on right now. I've also seen the spirit of depression getting stronger among Christians. There is a battle going on in the spiritual realm right now, which I believe will lead to the prophecy of Joel.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Last Days, are we living them? - Page 2 Empty Re: Last Days, are we living them?

Post by Marie Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:04 pm

I don't believe in those kinds of prophetic movements either.. but doesn't it seem like Peter was saying those were the last days? The ones they were living in when the Holy Spirit came down? Did they think they were living in the last days?

that's just a question that popped into my head as I read that passage...
Marie
Marie

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:22 am

Well, I didn't say I didn't believe in those kinds of prophectic movements, but there are some things about those particular revivals that gives me an uneasy feeling in my spirit. Remember, we are told that there will be many false prophets, but for every counterfeit, there is a genuine.

As for your question, here's my understanding of it, the disciples DID think they were living in the last days. Most of the followers of Jesus didn't understand that it wasn't the end. They thought that when the Messiah came to them that everything would be set right right then. They expected him to set up his kingdom immediately. So on the day of Pentecost they believed they were seeing the "complete" fullfillment of the Joel prophecy. They were right in part, it was part of the fullfillment, because Jesus had to send the Holy Spirit back in order for the prophecy to be fullfilled. It's the Holy Spirit that brings the dreams and the visions and the prophecies. I have seen some prophecies be fullfilled in my own life, but we'll soon be seeing prophecies being fullfilled on a greater scale as we draw closer to the end.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:25 am

okay, that makes sense..... thanks!
Marie
Marie

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:50 am

Like Judas, many thought Jesus would be a conquering Savior, not a Lamb come as a sacrifice.
I too (and my family) feel we are in the last days and we see all these things unfolding like America as a government trying to back away and become hostile towards Israel. My mom sits and wrings her hands and bemoans how things are shifting and changing and is fearful, but I am less fearful and more expectant - it's getting closer to where I'll see my Savior face to FACE! And now more than ever it's our duty and obligation to help spread the Word of salvation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:54 am

greydove,
I have met a lot of people who are afraid because they feel the end is nearing. To me, it's a time to work that much harder to share the good news. The harvest is ripe, but the laborers are few. People don't seem to realize that we're running out of time to lead others to Christ. I look forward to the day we'll go home, but there's still so much work to do while we're here.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum