» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Anyone Interested? - Pumpkin Seeds
Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:46 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

Ideas for packaging food gifts

Go down

Ideas for packaging food gifts

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:00 pm

I give a lot of food gifts for all the holidays as well as other occasions throughout the year. Here are some of my favorite ideas for packaging the gifts.

I do layered gift mixes in clear cellophane bags instead of canning jars, it's much cheaper this way. I just place the ingredients into the bag, and seal with my vacumn sealer. I then type out the "wet" ingredients needed to make the recipe on the computer and print it. Then I stick it to the bag with clear craft glue dots. I then put this into a paper lunch bag that I've decorated with rubber stamps, fold down the top once. I then make a tag telling what goodie is in the package. I take that tag and hold it near the fold and punch 2 holes close together, through both the bag and tag, to thread curling ribbon through, tie a bow and curl the ribbon ends.

Another way to present gift mixes is in preprinted holiday cellophane bags. I fill and seal the bags the same way as above except that I make a second seal on the bag leaving about a 1/4" between sealing lines. I then staple the directions tag and the tag telling what the mix is to the bag at the same time. You can do this by lining up the two tags on the front and back of the bag, and stapling in the 1/4" space between the two lines where you sealed the bag. When I print the tags I use colored cardstock that coordinates with the design on the bag.

I also make lots of homemade candies and give those on holiday trays I've picked up throughout the year at thrift stores, garage sales or the after Christmas clearance sales. I place individual candies into holiday themed mini muffin liners and then onto the tray. I then place plastic wrap over the entire tray and tape it to the edges with scotch tape. I tape some curling ribbons and a bow on each tray along with a tag for gift recipient.

I make lots of varieties of cookies and bag them in cellophane bags. I usually try to make an assortment of different types of cookies, but I only package one variety by itself to avoid crisp cookies going soft. I like to make jumbo cookies and stack 3 or 4 in a bag and tie it with curling ribbons. If you are worried about the cookies sticking together then place each cookie into a mini or regular sized muffin liner or place a piece of waxed paper between the cookies. I then place the assortment into a nice basket filled with shredded paper and add some hard candies, hot cocoa packets, tea bags or small bags of coffee. I then place the basket into a basket bag or clear bag and tie it with curling ribbons and a tag.

Another cute way to present cookies is in a cookie jar or other holiday container. I line the container with a clear plastic bag, add cookies and tie closed with a ribbon to help keep the cookies fresh.

The above mentioned way of packaging is also good for snack mixes, trail mixes, popcorn, caramel corn or bulk candies like M&Ms. This is also cute for our furry friends using dog/cat cookies and treats.

I do individual servings of cookies and cocoa in holiday mugs. Just place the cookies in the cellophane bag into the mug, add cocoa packets and a couple of candy canes for stirring. Tie a name tag on and it's ready to present to the gift recipient. You could also do instant soup packets with crackers in a soup mug. These make nice teacher gifts, thoughtful but inexpensive. Smile
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas for packaging food gifts

Post by Mississippi Momma on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:22 am

I love these ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Give her of the fruit of her hands: and let her own works praise her in the gates. (Proverbs 31:31)

http://hunnybunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down