Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» Facebook page
Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:48 pm by dizzy

» An Insurrection Coming
Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Anyone Interested? - Pumpkin Seeds
Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:46 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week


The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by 7dawn on Wed May 13, 2009 11:44 am

My1SqueakyShoe wrote:I in no way intened for this article to offend anyone. I had misread it. Now that I read it again I should have not posted it. Maybe I send the wrong link and article. Sometimes I have so many going at the same time. But I think I just misread what it was talking about. Sorry about that and the confustion...... Patricia

Patricia, there is no need to apologize. I had never heard that before and with the way the world is going you posted a topic that shows what most people feel concerning the Jewish people. I might disagree with what the writer wrote, but it is something that I believe many Christian's need to wake up to. There are many that hate the Jewish people, we are next on the list.

_________________
Dawn

You laugh because I am different. I laugh because you are all the same.

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/7dawn

http://www.teambeachbody.com/home
avatar
7dawn
Admin

Posts : 847
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 50
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by 7dawn on Wed May 13, 2009 11:46 am

[/quote]I have a gift....... You should have seen me in school..... I was THAT kid. You know the one. I swear I could just stand there and things would fall out of the sky around me. I would touch something and it would fall apart and EVERYONE would be mad at me for breaking it.... hahahahaa Things don't change much..... hahaha A few years ago we went to the Texas State fair. They had this guy there..... 1/2 his body was missing..... the lower half.... There was a crowd standing around listening to his comedy act..... All of a sudden he calls me out of this huge crowd and starts talking to me!!!!!! Story of my life. I am the one. So Dawn when should I stir up the next blaze????[/quote]

You may start tonight or in the morning. I am off to bed! LOL!!!!

_________________
Dawn

You laugh because I am different. I laugh because you are all the same.

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/7dawn

http://www.teambeachbody.com/home
avatar
7dawn
Admin

Posts : 847
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 50
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Marie on Wed May 13, 2009 11:52 am

You're funny, Patricia...

ya know what? I think we're gonna make it over here at CH! lol

Have a great evening, I'm off to sleep too!!

(the tea and cookies were great, by the way. YUM!)
avatar
Marie

Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 65
Location : Michigan

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by My1SqueakyShoe on Wed May 13, 2009 3:59 pm

RevJack wrote:
This begs the question, what exactly did you think it was saying?
(and, did you read it before you posted it?):p

I thought it was an Article on how the Jewish people's rights were being taken away and how they saw it coming.... I guess I posted the wrong article. I read about 200 articles a day. Some I share here and some I share on other groups that I belong to.
avatar
My1SqueakyShoe

Posts : 147
Join date : 2009-05-08
Age : 47
Location : McKinney, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by warrior on Wed May 13, 2009 11:02 pm

I just planted chamomile and mint yesterday. Just small pots. It will be nice to have fresh tea again. I love a cup of tea on cool evenings and in the mornings..

Patricia it was a mistake and we all understand that. No harm done
avatar
warrior

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Sonshine on Wed May 13, 2009 11:11 pm

Patricia,
We love ya lady! None of us is perfect, if we were we wouldn't need God's grace. I'm just proud of everyone on the forum that came together to smooth over this rough spot. It gives me hope for the forum. This could have gotten out of hand but everyone jumped in in the spirit of Christian love and the situation was defused. It's so nice to be able to discuss things in this spirit of love.

_________________
Sonshine
He who cultivates his land will have plenty of food,
but from idle pursuits a man has his fill of poverty
Proverbs 28:19[b]
avatar
Sonshine
Admin

Posts : 5253
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 59

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by adelia on Wed May 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Sonshine wrote:Patricia,
We love ya lady! None of us is perfect, if we were we wouldn't need God's grace. I'm just proud of everyone on the forum that came together to smooth over this rough spot. It gives me hope for the forum. This could have gotten out of hand but everyone jumped in in the spirit of Christian love and the situation was defused. It's so nice to be able to discuss things in this spirit of love.

Absolutely!!

BTW: I love snickerdoodles. They're one of my favorites Laughing

adelia

Posts : 32
Join date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by My1SqueakyShoe on Thu May 14, 2009 12:39 am

They are almost the perfect food...... If you took the hole out they would be perfect!!!!! hahahahaha I need to find a local Girl Scout!!!!!!!
avatar
My1SqueakyShoe

Posts : 147
Join date : 2009-05-08
Age : 47
Location : McKinney, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Cotton Picker on Thu May 14, 2009 12:56 am

Marie wrote:
warrior wrote:
Brianswife wrote:Since I don't know the OP or really any of the members, it might be nice to somehow indicate when posts are sarcastic so there's no misunderstanding someones intent. Wink I read it as someone who honestly felt what the article said was correct. Mad
Thankfully, I read your post before posting a comment to disagree with the ideas that were laid out in the article.

I must admit I read this post and seriously wondered if this was the right place for me. I just feel a christian forum should be a place of love and support. Not a place to make light of other's religions Crying or Very sad

It would be nice to have a forum that felt safe.. for me, that means not getting into topics that are too controversial, such as the OP. We don't have to be all sunshine and roses, but there has to be a happy medium somewhere. There is so much darkness in the world, I just really, really believe we should focus on the light...

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
.

Hi Marie... Smile

Please do not think me contentious for saying, that while it is indeed pleasant to recline around the Lord's table with those of like precious faith... With the proliferation if sibling rivalry i.. e... Denominationalism.... Even family dinners can become rather uncomfortable.... Both earthly and spiritual family dinners....

Please keep in mind..... Jesus said that he did not come to bring peace but a sword and that one's own blood relatives would become enemies of each other... Internet forums are at best, controlled chaos... Even those that are set up to be exclusively peaceful in their focus... That is why there remains a need for moderators...

While Christianity is indeed the religion of peace... It is the religion of inner peace.. Not so much, outward peace..... We are at war... That is why Paul felt the need to give the 'Full armor of God' analogy.....

I am very much convinced that Christians would do well to do two things.... First.. Choose not to be offended... IMHO.. This is the Internet version of turning the other cheek... Secondly, as Christians, we should adopt one of the mantras of the USMC... "Pray for Peace".... "Train for War"... Being prepared to give an answer for the hope that we have through Jesus... Is all too often perceived by the listeners as a war cry.... Because in the case of the denizens of darkness... It brings with it the smell of death...

.

Cotton Picker

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : Missouri

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Sonshine on Thu May 14, 2009 1:27 am

CP,
I also believe this particular area is good because as Christian's we need to stay informed. As a vet married to active duty AF, I have learned to know your enemy. In politics we get a view of how the enemy is at work and can work on battle strategies.

_________________
Sonshine
He who cultivates his land will have plenty of food,
but from idle pursuits a man has his fill of poverty
Proverbs 28:19[b]
avatar
Sonshine
Admin

Posts : 5253
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 59

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Cotton Picker on Thu May 14, 2009 1:49 am

Sonshine wrote:CP,
I also believe this particular area is good because as Christian's we need to stay informed. As a vet married to active duty AF, I have learned to know your enemy. In politics we get a view of how the enemy is at work and can work on battle strategies.

Forewarned is forearmed.. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer... Never underestimate your opponent... The dog to fear is the dog that doesn't bark... A cardinal violation of the rules of engagement... Is to announce your plans and intentions, to your opponent...

.

Cotton Picker

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : Missouri

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Marie on Thu May 14, 2009 2:06 am

The Lord's Army is a good analogy.. let's look at what an army consists of.. they include some of the following:

Infantry
Transportation
Air power
Mechanics
Cooks
Medics
Supply sargeants
Artillery
Communications
Office workers
Chaplains

So, there are many different roles for people in this army. They are all necessary. If all are infantry, then who will be communication personnel or cooks. If all are cooks, who will be generals. 1 Corinthians 12 speaks of the various roles of the body of Christ. A foot is not an eye is not a hand is not an ear. But without all of these parts the body is lacking the fullness of the body of Christ. If 'the world' sees the Christian faith as an army comprised only of warriors, then it is not seeing the whole picture. If all we exist for is battle, then we are missing the fullness of what a life in Christ really is. And this fullness, this 'something' that a Christian has that they don't see in other people is what sets us apart.

If we did a search of the Bible for words which refer to war and those which refer to peace, I wonder what we'd find. I believe there has to be a balance - there is a time for war and there is a time for peace. I don't mean that we surrender or retreat, but we maintain balance in our lives. We can soooo easily be distracted and dismayed by the warfare around us.

But Jesus tenderly calls us and says:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." If we are not able to find that place of rest in Jesus, then we are unbalanced, and eventually we will lose the battle.

I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have the assurance that he bears our burdens, hears and answers prayer, loves us with an unfailing love and will be with us always, even as we confront the world and those who oppose us.

If we continually take the battle on ourselves, without spending time in prayer and seeking His will in all things, then it is no longer the Lord's battle we are fighting -- we are fighting on our own power and not in the power of the Lord. Sometimes His will is that we rest.
avatar
Marie

Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 65
Location : Michigan

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Marie on Thu May 14, 2009 2:12 am

CP, you mentioned earlier that your family did not seem to engage in the battle, but 'reclined at the Lord's table" as you wrote here.. That is true also.. There are many who do not see that we are in a battle, and simply love the Christian life (sunshine and roses), not realizing that it is also a battle.

You know, the devil really loves those that are reclining and not in battle... they are asleep, aren't they!

This is really such a wonderful topic. Have you ever read the book "Sit, Walk, Stand" by Watchman Nee? It's based on Ephesians.. and he frames it as this: That we begin by resting, then by walking, and then by standing.. There is a starting point and a progression, but we still do all things at the same time.. always remembering that it's from a position of rest that we have power.

it's a great book.
avatar
Marie

Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 65
Location : Michigan

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Marie on Thu May 14, 2009 2:21 am

Choosing not to be offended - Absolutely! You gotta have a thick skin to be on internet forums. Hey, real life is often rough enough.. and then we CHOOSE to be involved in online battles as well? We must be nuts, eh?? lol

You said: "Because in the case of the denizens of darkness... It brings with it the smell of death..."

Yes, it is the death of self and of ego.. our flesh battles fiercely against it, and you and I did the same at one time too, I'm sure. We are really no different even now, our flesh rebels against it.. and always will...

good topic.
avatar
Marie

Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 65
Location : Michigan

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Cotton Picker on Thu May 14, 2009 7:07 am

Marie wrote:

The Lord's Army is a good analogy..

So, there are many different roles for people in this army. They are all necessary. If all are infantry, then who will be communication personnel or cooks. If all are cooks, who will be generals. 1 Corinthians 12 speaks of the various roles of the body of Christ. A foot is not an eye is not a hand is not an ear. But without all of these parts the body is lacking the fullness of the body of Christ. If 'the world' sees the Christian faith as an army comprised only of warriors, then it is not seeing the whole picture. If all we exist for is battle, then we are missing the fullness of what a life in Christ really is. And this fullness, this 'something' that a Christian has that they don't see in other people is what sets us apart.

Let's take the analogy to the next level.... The body of Christ, is the modern day Israelite community, in the eyes of God... And much like the geographical, modern day Israel.... The USA is not the sum total of it's military... However.. The bad guys have historically known that their are consequences to yanking our chain... The USA subsidizes many foreign nations through foreign aid and christian chrities... And the USA is usually a first responder in times of International crisis... So the body of citizens of the USA is not that sum of it's military.... However... All nations are aware of the battlefield capabilities of the USA... When they see even one American....

The Army of the Lord has much in common with the USMC, in that, as in the USMC, in time of battle, everyone is a rifleman.. Everyone in the Army of the Lord is called upon to be adept in the use of the Sword of the Spirit...

Ephesians 6:17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.


Marie wrote:

If we did a search of the Bible for words which refer to war and those which refer to peace, I wonder what we'd find. I believe there has to be a balance - there is a time for war and there is a time for peace. I don't mean that we surrender or retreat, but we maintain balance in our lives. We can soooo easily be distracted and dismayed by the warfare around us.

I thoroughly believe that each person has a gift from God and that not all gifts are the same.. The one thing that all believers share, is the gift of the Holy Spirit.. If we quiet our hearts and are not dismayed by the clamoring all around us.. He will show us what God wants us to do...

Marie wrote:

But Jesus tenderly calls us and says:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." If we are not able to find that place of rest in Jesus, then we are unbalanced, and eventually we will lose the battle.

Have you ever wondered that those to whom God has empowered, to perhaps, fight a few skirmishes in His name.. Are totally at peace within.. Because they are convinced that they are doing what God wants them to be doing at that particular time?

Marie wrote:

I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have the assurance that he bears our burdens, hears and answers prayer, loves us with an unfailing love and will be with us always, even as we confront the world and those who oppose us.

I myself have wondered how those who deny God, are able to have any real joy in their lives... The exemplifications of "joy" expressed by those who vilified the Bible in the HT threads.... Appeared to me, to be anything but peaceful and loving....

Marie wrote:

If we continually take the battle on ourselves, without spending time in prayer and seeking His will in all things, then it is no longer the Lord's battle we are fighting -- we are fighting on our own power and not in the power of the Lord. Sometimes His will is that we rest.

I would say, that as soon as we take any battle on ourselves.... We are not fighting the Lord's battle... Rest is good... But the sleep of a laborer is sweet...

.

Cotton Picker

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : Missouri

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Cotton Picker on Thu May 14, 2009 7:29 am

Marie wrote:

CP, you mentioned earlier that your family did not seem to engage in the battle, but 'reclined at the Lord's table" as you wrote here.. That is true also.. There are many who do not see that we are in a battle, and simply love the Christian life (sunshine and roses), not realizing that it is also a battle.

The mention of family was more regarding spiritual family than blood kin... My experiences have led me to believe that many believers are convinced it is more the obligation of the compensated laborers to do the work of "Bringing in the sheaves"... After all.. That's what they are paid to do... Isn't it?...

Marie wrote:

You know, the devil really loves those that are reclining and not in battle... they are asleep, aren't they!

Not to play nasty...... However I spend my time, in contemplation of how I can please my Heavenly Father.. Than pleasing the enemy of my soul...... I figure if God is pleased.. Satan is just the opposite... And vise versa.. And I would rather bask in the glow of my Father's approval....

Marie wrote:

This is really such a wonderful topic. Have you ever read the book "Sit, Walk, Stand" by Watchman Nee? It's based on Ephesians.. and he frames it as this: That we begin by resting, then by walking, and then by standing.. There is a starting point and a progression, but we still do all things at the same time.. always remembering that it's from a position of rest that we have power.
it's a great book.

I have heard of Watchman Nee, however, I am not familiar with the book you mentioned... I truly believe that when our soul is at rest.... We are at peace... Even in the midst of battle.....

.

Cotton Picker

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : Missouri

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Cotton Picker on Thu May 14, 2009 7:37 am

RevJack wrote:

Have you ever wondered that those to whom God has empowered, to perhaps, fight a few skirmishes in His name.. Are totally at peace within.. Because they are convinced that they are doing what God wants them to be doing at that particular time?

Suicide bombers are totally at peace when they set off their holy bomb belts too.
They are doing what God has told them to do.

I wouldn't know about the mental state of suicide bombers... However going from accounts of the Kamikaze and Banzi participants in WW2.. They were half drunk and charged up on rhetoric.... Kids are very impressionable.. And those are the suicide bombers.... Harvested at the one time in their lives when they truly feel themselves to be ten feet tall and bulletproof.. They willingly throw their lives away for a handful of promises....

I would bet you that they only do it once... And just because you think you can fly... Doesn't make you an angel....

.

Cotton Picker

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : Missouri

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Cotton Picker on Thu May 14, 2009 7:58 am

Marie wrote:

Choosing not to be offended - Absolutely! You gotta have a thick skin to be on internet forums. Hey, real life is often rough enough.. and then we CHOOSE to be involved in online battles as well? We must be nuts, eh?? lol

I would not say that we are nuts... Unless we think that we can stop a charging Rhinoceros.... By taking away his credit card... As they say.. Don't write checks with your mouth (or keyboard)... That your Posterior, can't cash...

Marie wrote:

You said: "Because in the case of the denizens of darkness... It brings with it the smell of death..."

Yes, it is the death of self and of ego.. our flesh battles fiercely against it, and you and I did the same at one time too, I'm sure. We are really no different even now, our flesh rebels against it.. and always will...
good topic.

While I fully understand the Romans 7 struggle with self that you allude...

Romans 7:17 But I can't help myself, because it is sin inside me that makes me do these evil things.

Rom 7:18 I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. No matter which way I turn, I can't make myself do right. I want to, but I can't.

Rom 7:19 When I want to do good, I don't. And when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway.


The smell of death in 2 Corinthians, is the kind of smell that strikes terror into the hearts of those who have rejected Salvation through Jesus and are spiritually dying, as the direct result....

2Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who made us his captives and leads us along in Christ's triumphal procession. Now wherever we go he uses us to tell others about the Lord and to spread the Good News like a sweet perfume.

2Cr 2:15 Our lives are a fragrance presented by Christ to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those being saved and by those perishing.

2Cr 2:16 To those who are perishing we are a fearful smell of death and doom. But to those who are being saved we are a life-giving perfume. And who is adequate for such a task as this?

Cotton Picker

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : Missouri

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Marie on Thu May 14, 2009 8:28 am

Hi CP,

I'd like to share something interesting with you, that I just realized today. And that is, that when you write I understand very clearly everything you say and mean - at least most of it, I do. And the reason for it is because you, and your understanding, is so very much like what my church and family background is like. I've had these kinds of discussions with a few members of my own denomination... and I understand the need for warriors and that we all are, in a sense. But the heavy burden of the warfare is something that can break a person if we aren't careful. Over the years I've come to a different conclusion about what God is calling me to do and be.. I can't be the person some would want me to be. I have to be myself. And that is a person who sees not only the battle, but also one who yearns for peace and acceptance. To find that refuge, the Balm of Gilead, the Author and Finisher of our faith who paid it all on our behalf and set us free. And then I can only praise and thank Him for taking this burden on Himself, who goes not just before us but around us and behind us as we travel. Led by Him, but also under His wing.
avatar
Marie

Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 65
Location : Michigan

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Sonshine on Thu May 14, 2009 8:35 am

As was stated earlier, there are many members to the same body. We are all called to different works to accomplish the same person.

_________________
Sonshine
He who cultivates his land will have plenty of food,
but from idle pursuits a man has his fill of poverty
Proverbs 28:19[b]
avatar
Sonshine
Admin

Posts : 5253
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 59

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Cotton Picker on Thu May 14, 2009 9:06 am

Marie wrote:

Hi CP,

I'd like to share something interesting with you, that I just realized today. And that is, that when you write I understand very clearly everything you say and mean - at least most of it, I do. And the reason for it is because you, and your understanding, is so very much like what my church and family background is like. I've had these kinds of discussions with a few members of my own denomination...

Hi Marie...

I'm glad that I am able to be understood by you.... I thoroughly enjoy "Iron sharpening Iron" discussions... It has been too rare of a treat for me, to engage in discussions of spiritual matters with those who are more concerned with God, than watching American Idol, or chasing the will-o'-the-wisp, of temporal materialism...

Marie wrote:

and I understand the need for warriors and that we all are, in a sense. But the heavy burden of the warfare is something that can break a person if we aren't careful. Over the years I've come to a different conclusion about what God is calling me to do and be.. I can't be the person some would want me to be. I have to be myself. And that is a person who sees not only the battle, but also one who yearns for peace and acceptance.

I believe that is why Paul gave the analogy of the different parts of Christ's body... We all have a unique place in God's plan.. And we have no right to "tell" anyone, that they have to be anything.... Rather we have an obligation to do this..

Hebrews 10:24 Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds.


Marie wrote:

To find that refuge, the Balm of Gilead, the Author and Finisher of our faith who paid it all on our behalf and set us free. And then I can only praise and thank Him for taking this burden on Himself, who goes not just before us but around us and behind us as we travel. Led by Him, but also under His wing.

I believe that God has made men and women different from one another for a purpose... Men are more inclined towards physicality and confrontation... While women lend more of the balance of civility, gentleness and tenderness.. Together, we can learn much from each other... I refer to it as interdependent synergism...

Ecclesiastes 4:9 Two people can accomplish more than twice as much as one; they get a better return for their labor.

Ecc 4:10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But people who are alone when they fall are in real trouble.

Ecc 4:11 And on a cold night, two under the same blanket can gain warmth from each other. But how can one be warm alone?

Ecc 4:12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.



.


Last edited by Cotton Picker on Thu May 14, 2009 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Cotton Picker

Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : Missouri

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Marie on Thu May 14, 2009 9:18 am

There ya go!! You got it, and understand -- woohoo!!

But do I know a few men you would enjoy corresponding with - yes, I do.. Maybe some day that will happen.. Things are really quiet at the other place I used to post, but if it ever wakes up again I will be sure to let you know.. It would be very challenging for ya! In fact, that's where the phrase "iron sharpens iron" got used a LOT! lolol
avatar
Marie

Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 65
Location : Michigan

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Sonshine on Thu May 14, 2009 9:54 am

CP said "It has been too rare of a treat for me, to engage in discussions of spiritual matters with those who are more concerned with God, than watching American Idol" I like American Idol! Smile

_________________
Sonshine
He who cultivates his land will have plenty of food,
but from idle pursuits a man has his fill of poverty
Proverbs 28:19[b]
avatar
Sonshine
Admin

Posts : 5253
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 59

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Marie on Thu May 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Good Morning, Sonshine! (isn't there a song by that name? lol)

I do have my 'temporal' pleasures too - some favorite tv programs and relaxing by watching movies.. Well, Idol isn't one of them for whatever reason, I don't know why.. maybe because dh doesn't like it.. but I don't see anything wrong with relaxing and enjoying entertainment..

but I also understand CP's point of view.. I know many people like him and who say those things. It's always in the back of my mind. Maybe it's one of those seasons we go through, where we just want meat and potatoes instead of dessert.. At any rate, I've been trying to remember the scripture quote about this.. Something about wood and straw, things that will pass away... as opposed to the things that are eternal. Maybe CP can remember where that's written..... ??

Yes, we need the 'meaty' things.. but dessert is nice too Smile
avatar
Marie

Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 65
Location : Michigan

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Sonshine on Fri May 15, 2009 1:14 am

Oh yes, I'm not a vegetarian, by any means. I once did a children's church series on the 3 little bigs, building their spiritual houses. I tried to find it, but I've somehow messed up my document file on my puter, and when Joe's away, it stays that way till he gets home. LOL Anyway, it had the scripture that you're referring to about the straw being burned away. Is this the one you're referring to? 1 Cor 3
11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

_________________
Sonshine
He who cultivates his land will have plenty of food,
but from idle pursuits a man has his fill of poverty
Proverbs 28:19[b]
avatar
Sonshine
Admin

Posts : 5253
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 59

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewish Declaration of War 1933

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum