Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV). EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV). EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV). EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV). EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV). EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV). EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV). EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV). EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV). EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Sloppy  Seasoning  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV).

Go down

Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV). Empty Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV).

Post by Sonshine Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:18 am

It was advertised that the devil was putting his tools up for sale. When the day of the sale came, each tool was priced and laid out for public inspection. And what a collection it was. Hatred, envy, jealousy, deceit, pride, and lying … the inventory was treacherous. Off to one side was a harmless-looking tool priced higher than all the rest, even though it was obviously more worn than any other tool the devil owned. “What’s the name of this tool?” asked one of the customers. “That,” the devil replied, “is discouragement.” The customer asked, “But why have you priced it so high?” The devil smiled and explained, “Because discouragement is more useful to me than all the others. I can pry open and get inside a man’s heart with that tool when I can’t get near him with any other. It’s badly worn because I use it on almost everyone, since so few people know it belongs to me.”

The valleys in life are lined with disappointment and discouragement. Some people seem to thrive on adversity, emerging from their valley with greater strength and deeper faith. Others stumble and fall, giving in to discouragement and dropping out of the race. The difference in outcome is determined by the way we choose to handle discouragement.

We must respond to each valley with trust and faith. The word “trust” means “to lie helpless, face down” and is the picture of a servant waiting for his master’s command or a soldier yielding himself to a conquering general. “Heart” refers to “the center of one’s being.” In other words, to trust God completely means that from the very center of our being, from the very core of our existence, we trust Him, totally abandoning ourselves in childlike faith to Him and His plan. We come to God, holding nothing in our hands, with one word in our heart – “whatever!” Whatever You want me to do, Lord, I will do. Whatever You want me to say, Lord, I will say. Whatever You want me to think, Lord, I will think. Whatever path You have for me, Lord, I will walk.”

If you are like me, you sometimes think you don’t have enough faith. The amount of faith is not nearly as important as the right kind of faith – faith in God alone. Faith does not rest on what we have done, but on what Christ has already done on the cross and in our lives. Faith builds on the victories of yesterday to help us face the valleys of today and the storms of tomorrow. Faith does not bypass pain. It does, however, empower us to deal with pain. Faith steps up to the bat and invites the opponent to throw his best pitch. Sometimes faith strengthens us, and other times, surprises us. Great faith is forged in the deepest valleys, beginning where our strength and power end.

I love the story of a missionary family, home on furlough and visiting friends. When it was time for dinner, the mother of the missionary children called her kids in. When her son burst through the door, she took one look at his hands and said, “Son, go wash those hands. They are dirty and covered in germs.” With a scowl on his face, the little boy headed to the sink muttering, “Germs and Jesus! Germs and Jesus! That’s all I hear about and I’ve never seen either one!” While we tend to say that seeing is believing, faith says that believing is seeing. Doubt creates mountains; faith moves them. Faith produces trust that shatters fear and leaves no room for discouragement.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down